More than 1.8 million people visited this year’s Minnesota State Fair. And in-between eating cheese curds and visiting the animal barns, some made their way to engage with the American Red Cross, making this year’s fair a great one for our region, too! Below are highlights from our participation this year. This outreach would have been absolutely 100 percent impossible without Red Cross volunteers. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- 10,141 people received a blood pressure screening
- 2,735 people made disaster preparedness plans
- 953 people donated life-saving whole blood
- 331 people learned about support for military families
- Dozens of children and adults practiced house fire safety on the Governor’s Fire Prevention Day
- 168 people gave 684 volunteer hours to our state fair outreach programs
We’ll see you next year at the Great Minnesota Get Together. Meanwhile, download this Make_a_Plan_Flyer and start working on your own disaster preparedness plan.