It nearly goes without saying that the reason to donate blood during the 12 Hours Giving Blood Drive on December 19 is that your donation could help save up to three lives this winter. But since this is the festive season, we’ve added some sparkles to our list of reasons for you to donate the gift of life at this holiday drive.
1. Free gift wrapping! Bring gifts that still need to be wrapped and we’ll wrap them for you.
2. Hourly prize drawings! Prizes include but are not limited to a television, gift cards, and small appliances.
3. Free food and refreshments! Scrumptious food, cookies, and drinks will be provided.
4. Convenient location! Finish up last minute holiday shopping at the nearby the outlet mall.
5. Help save lives! Our goal is 500 units of blood for patients in need. Each unit could save up to three lives.
6. Photo opportunities! Festive photos with Santa or Buddy the Blood Drop. Post on social media with hashtag #MNRedCross.
7. Easy sign-up! Book your appointment online at RedCrossBlood.org or on the Blood Donor App. Sponsor code: 12 Hours
8. Share Your Story Tree! Share a story about donating or receiving blood products to hang on our Giving Tree.
9. Live Music! Instrumental and vocal groups will perform throughout the day.
10. Family tradition! Donors return to this annual event year after year with their families to help save lives together.
11. Face art! Get a festive-themed face painting (hours: 2 to 7 p.m.).
12. New Year’s resolution! Kick-off the New Year now by becoming a regular blood donor or a Red Cross volunteer supporting blood donation.
Join us in Oakdale on Dec. 19. Schedule your appointment here.